Coi Leray braids are jumbo knotless braids with curly ends that are named after and inspired by the rapper Coi Leray, who is often spotted rocking short jumbo knotless braids with curly ends hairstyles.
Coi Leray braids are currently trending with everyone putting their own spin on them and we’ll be covering everything you should know in this article.
Black Beauty Bombshells is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program. At no additional cost to you, We earn a small commission on qualifying purchases.
How to do Coi Leray braids
For this hairstyle, you’ll need;
- 3 to 6 packs of Xpression braiding hair or the prestretched Kanekalon braiding hair.
- Black rubber bands.
- Shine n jam.
- Edge control.
- A rat tail comb.
- Perm rods.
- Hot water.
Start by sectioning dry and moisturized stretched hair into thick sections using a rat tail comb. The number of sections you should have depends on how many braids you want on your head.
Take the Shine n Jam and apply it to your parted sections. This helps with making the parts look neat and getting a taming the fly aways after sectioning the hair.
As is the norm in knotless braids, start by braiding your own hair and gradually feed in the braiding hair. If you’re going the DIY route, I recommend getting a wooden rack for hair. The wooden hair rack is used to place the prepped braiding hair and helps you move along faster.
After your braid your hair to your desired length, use the rubber bands to secure the ends and leave a bit of hair out at the ends. Repeat the same process until you’re satisfied with the amount of braids on your head.
Use the perm rods to wrap the hair at your ends and dip them in hot water. Dry out your hair using a towel and apply some mousse on your braids.
Lay your edges and remove the perm rods from your hair. If you followed all the steps correctly, the end result should be short jumbo knotless braids with curly ends.
For a detailed visual, refer to the videos below.
50 Cute Coi Leray Inspired Braids Hairstyles
From long knotless braids with curly ends to the standard short knotless braids that Coi leray rocks, here’s 20 different Coi Leray inspired braids.
1) Jumbo Coi Leray braids
2) Jumbo large part Coi Leray braids
3) Blonde Coi Leray braids
4) Jumbo Coi Leray braids
5) Large part Jumbo Coi Leray braids
6) Medium jumbo Coi Leray braids
7) Jumbo large part Coi Leray braids
8) Coi Leray braids for kids
9) Large part jumbo Coi Leray braids
10) Large part medium Coi Leray braids
11) Short jumbo Coi Leray braids
12) Blonde Coi Leray Braids
13) Short Coi Leray braids
14) Medium Coi Leray braids
15) Short maroon Coi Leray braids
16) Short Coi Leray braids
17) Medium length Coi Leray braids
18) Short blonde Coi Leray braids
19) Short large part Coi Leray braids
20) Short blonde Coi Leray braids
21) Brown Coi Leray Braids
22) Coi Leray braids for kids
23) Long Coi Leray braids
24) Short Coi Leray Braids
25) Mixed colors Coi Leray braids
26) Short Coi Leray Braids
27) Brown Coi Leray Braids
28) Large Coi Leray Braids
29) Short Coi Leray Braids
30) Medium Coi Leray Braids
31) Waist Length Coi Leray Braids
32) Brown Coi Leray Braids
34) Large Coi Leray Braids
35) Large Coi Leray Braids
36) Short Coi Leray Braids
37) Side Part Coi Leray Braids
38) Short Coi Leray Braids
39) Medium Coi Leray Braids
40) Short Coi Leray Braids
41) Short Coi Leray Braids
43) Brown Coi Leray Braids
44) Yellow Coi Leray Braids
45) Medium Coi Leray Braids
46) Large Coi Leray Braids
47) Short Coi Leray Braids
48) Peekaboo Coi Leray Braids
49) Large Parts Coi Leray Braids
50) Triangle Part Coi Leray braids
Which one of these Coi Leray inspired braids hairstyles will you be trying?
Coi Leray braids maintenance tips
- Wear a silk bonnet or silk scarf to bed at night.
- Wash your hair the same way you would if you didn’t have any braids in if you plan on keeping them in for longer than 4 weeks.
- Use a dry shampoo and cotton ball or cloth to clean your scalp if you don’t plan on washing your braids or an apple cider vinegar hair rinse to remove scalp buildup and dandruff.
- Apply mousse on your braids to tame flyaways and give them a shine occasionally.
- Use a curling butter and flexi rods on your curls to maintain them and manage tangling.