Criss cross knotless braids also know as rubber band knotless braids are a braided hairstyle that feature criss crossed sections at the front typically done using rubber bands.
Criss cross knotless braids can last for up to 4 weeks but a refresh on the criss crossed section at the front might be needed after 2 weeks depending on your hair texture.
If you want to keep your criss cross knotless braids in for long, we recommend taking out the criss cross section done at the front after 2 to 3 weeks and transitioning them to regular knotless braids.
This way, you’ll get to rock 2 hairstyles without spending more money to get both hairstyles done afresh.
Black Beauty Bombshells is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program. At no additional cost to you, We earn a small commission on qualifying purchases.
To do criss cross knotless braids, you’ll need:
How to do criss cross knotless braids
Start by parting cleaned, moisturised and straightened or stretched hair into two sections. A 1/4 at the front and 3/4 at the back.
The 1/4 sectioned hair at the front is what you’ll use to do the criss cross rubber band braids.
You can either start with braiding the criss cross section at the front or the knotless braids at the back.
Should you choose the former, decide how many criss cross sections you want at the front and part the hair accordingly.
Ps- Shine n jam should be used at each step of the parting process to achieve a neat look.
You’ll then part the already parted sections into two equal halves which will then be sectioned into individual ‘rubber banded’ sections.
The number of individually ‘rubber banded’ sections you’ll have are also up to you.
After you’re done with securing each individual section using rubber bands, you will criss cross the sections on the opposite sides.
The criss cross sections will then be transitioned into a braid.
You will then do the knotless braids the back, lay you or your client’s edges, apply some mousse and you’re done.
We know the parting process sounds complicated which is why we always link videos you can refer to.
For a detailed visual of how to do criss cross knotless braids, please watch the video linked below.
Things to note:
- You don’t have to use black rubber bands. You can use whichever color you’d like to use.
- Criss cross knotless braids can be done without rubber bands.
- You can add beads to your criss cross knotless braids.
- The rubber bands you’ll use should be dipped in some oil to avoid hair breakage.
How to do criss cross knotless braids without rubber bands
As earlier mentioned, criss cross knotless braids can be done without using rubber bands at the front.
Now while we personally think criss cross knotless braids done using rubber bands look better, it is possible to achieve something similar without using rubber bands
This can be done using two methods.
In the first method, Brazilian yarn wool is used to twist the individual parted sections that you would have used rubber bands on.
Please refer to the video linked below for a detailed visual.
In the second method, the individual sections you would have use drubber bands on are braided before being criss crossed.
This is a good alternative for people who want their criss cross braids to last longer.
Now that you know how to do criss cross knotless braids with and without rubber band, here’s 25 cute criss cross knotless braids you need to try.
25 Cute Criss Cross Knotless Braids Hairstyles
1) Medium Criss Cross Knotless Braids
2) Red Criss Cross Knotless Braids
3) Criss Cross Knotless Braids with Beads
4) Red Boho Criss Cross Knotless Braids
5) Jumbo Criss cross Knotless Braids
6) Criss Cross Knotless Braids with Beads
7) Jumbo Criss Cross Knotless Braids
8) Mixed Color Criss Cross Knotless Braids
9) Criss Cross Knotless Braids with Beads
10) Criss Cross Knotless Braids with Curly Ends
11) Large Criss Cross Knotless Braids with Beads
12) Criss Cross Knotless Braids with Color
13) Criss Cross Rubber Band Knotless
14) Space Buns Criss Cross Knotless Braids
15) Medium Criss Cross Knotless Braids
16) Blonde and Black Criss Cross Knotless Braids
17) Criss Cross Knotless Braids with Color
18) Ombre Criss Cross Knotless Braids
19) Mixed Colors Criss Cross Knotless Braids
20) Criss Cross Knotless Braids with White Rubber Bands
21) Small Criss Cross Knotless Braids
22) Kids Criss Cross Knotless Braids
23) Half Stitch Half Criss Cross Knotless Braids
24) Braided Criss Cross Knotless Braids
25) Criss Cross Knotless Braids with Beads for Kids
Which one of these criss cross knotless hairstyles will you be trying?
Check out more criss cross braided hairstyles here.Follow Us