Heart braids are a braided hairstyle design where a shape in the form of a love heart is used.
Heart braids or the heart braid design if you like, can be incorporated into different hairstyles like cornrows, lemonade braids & more.
The stitch braiding method is commonly used when doing the heart braid design.
The heart braid design can be done in the middle of the head, back of the head & the sides.
Many stylists use the criss cross design together with the heart braid design to form intricate patterns that are a pure work of art.
We’re often tempted to start these blog posts with ”One thing about black braiders?” and ”Black braiders did it again” because the artistry that goes into these braided designs is not talked about enough!
But we digress.
Black Beauty Bombshells is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program. At no additional cost to you, We earn a small commission on qualifying purchases.
Like with any braided hairstyle, you’ll need:
1) A rat tail comb.
2) Shine n jam.
3) Prestretched braiding hair.
How to do a braided heart design
Start by figuring out where you want the love heart shape design to be.
As mentioned earlier, this could be at the side of the head, back, the whole head or the middle.
After you figure that out, you’ll want to do an outline using your comb.
If your love heart will be at the side of the head, place the comb at the centre of the person’s eyebrows to get an idea of the outline and part the hair into a c type shape.
The first one will be a round c but the next one will be a c shape that goes all the way down to where the ear starts.
At this point, you should be able to see the heart form.
Bigger heart shapes tend to look better and pop more because the curve is usually defined.
Apply shine n jam on the parted heart shape design and go over it again with a comb.
This makes for very clean and neat parts.
The side of the heart where the hairline is should naturally form a point, unlike the other one where you get a defined point by carefully parting a round c shape.
Twist the hair at the centre of the heart shape to make sure you have the perfect heart shape design.
Once you’re satisfied with the heart shape, part the hair down the middle and apply shine n jam to this section too.
You should have two equal halves of a heart if you do it properly.
Pin one side of the heart that you sectioned into two parts up and start working on the outer most one.
To get the part of the heart that curves, you’ll part the hair diagonally starting at the outer most point of that side.
Make sure you don’t part diagonally too far down.
You’ll then start braiding the heart from the inner corner as you move upwards.
Depending on which one of the stitch braiding methods you use, you’ll keep braiding upwards until you get to the end of the diagonal part.
The end of the diagonal part is where you’ll make the curve by connecting the braid to the hair at the bottom.
Again, if the parting is done properly, the curve should form naturally.
The key is switching the direction of your hands when braiding.
The part where you connect the diagonal section to the hair at the bottom is where you’ll start adding the braiding hair.
Remember to only use small bits of braiding hair so that the heart shape doesn’t look too bulky.
The process will be the same for the other half side of the heart that you pinned up.
Another important thing to note is to make sure the diagonally parted sections line up at the middle.
After you’re done with your braided heart, you’ll connect them using a thread and needle.
You can always opt to braid them together instead of sewing them.
For a detailed visual, refer to the video below.
How to do heart part knotless braids
This new trendy heart braids design features heart shaped parts that are braided into a single box braid using the knotless method.
For a detailed visual, please watch the video below.
40 heart braids braided hairstyle ideas you need to try
Now that you know how to do a braided heart design, here’s 30 heart braided hairstyle ideas you absolutely need to try.
1) Cornrow heart braids
2) Double heart cornrow braids
3) Stitch heart braids
4) Stitch heart criss cross braids
5) Burgundy heart cornrow braids
6) Burgundy heart cornrows
7) Stitch heart braids
8) Stitch straight back heart braids
9) Heart braids cornrows
10) Double heart cornrow braids
11) Burgundy heart braid cornrows
12) Criss cross heart cornrows
13) Middle part heart braids
14) Cornrow heart braids
15) Knotlesss heart braids
16) Jumbo knotlesss heart braids
17) Two heart braids into cornrows
18) Stitch cornrows with a heart braid design
19) Cornrow heart braids with curls
20) Two bun cornrow heart braids
21) Lemonade heart braids
22) Queen of hearts knotless braids
23) Knotless heart braids
24) Long knotless heart braids
25) Jumbo knotless heart braids
26) Stitch cornrow braids with a heart
27) Medium knotless braids with a heart
28) Knotless braids with two hearts
29) Heart part knotless braids
30) Ponytail stitch braids with a heart
31) Burgundy stitch braids with a heart
32) Tribal twists braids with a heart
33) Jumbo bohemian braids with a heart
34) Freestyle stitch braids with a heart
35) Stitch feed in cornrows with a heart
36) Jumbo ponytail stitch braids with a heart
37) Heart knotless braids with curly ends
38) Mixed colors tribal braids with a heart
39) Feed in braids with a curly sew in with a heart
40) Lemonade braids with a heart
Which heart braids hairstyle will you be trying?Follow Us
Agene Ehi confidence
Tuesday 24th of May 2022