Depending on your desired size, Pop smoke braids can be done using the feed in method where more hair is fed in while braiding the hair to give it a thick appearance.
They can also be done using another method where the same amount of hair is used throughout the length of the braid.
While the pop smoke braids aren’t a new braided hairstyle, they’re often confused for the Fulani/tribal braids where a similar style of braiding and parting is used.
Black Beauty Bombshells is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program. At no additional cost to you. We earn a small commission on qualifying purchases.
In this article we’ll feature different pop smoke braids hairstyles from pop smoke braids with beads to pop smoke braids for kids.
We’ll also feature 40 pop smoke braids ideas which are perfect even for short hair.
Pop smoke braids tutorial
Pop smoke braids are easy to do if you’re already familiar with the techniques used.
For this hairstyle, Xpression braiding hair is preferred and the price can go as high as $150 depending on your desired length and size.
Start by washing the hair, deep conditioning and blow drying it.
While it’s possible to get your hair braided without applying heat, the pop smoke braids done using the stitch in method tend to look more neat if the hair is blow dried pre braiding.
After blow drying/straightening it, the hair is sectioned into two parts by parting it at the middle.
The sectioned parts are then further divided into 4 parts on each side.
Edge control is then used to sleek down the baby hairs and gel to ensure that the parts look extra neat.
The braiding hair is then gradually fed into the hair making the braid thicker as you move along.
This part is optional.
If you’d like to have the same size of braids from start to finish, use the same amount of hair and skip the feed in method.
For a step by step detailed visual, check out the video linked below.
How to do Pop smoke braids on yourself
If you’re one of those people who can easily braid their own hair regardless of the hairstyle aka God’s favorite, here’s how you can do pop smoke braids on yourself.
40 Pop smoke braids hairstyles
Here’s 40 Pop smoke braids you absolutely need to try.
1) Pop smoke braids with clear beads
2) Jumbo Pop Smoke braids with beads
3) Side part Pop Smoke braids
4) Jumbo Pop Smoke braids with beads
5) Jumbo Pop Smoke braids with clear beads
6) Jumbo mid back Pop smoke braids
7) Short Pop Smoke braids for kids
Pop smoke braids can also be rocked by kids. Use different beads or strings to accessorize the braids.
8) Jumbo Pop Smoke braids for kids
9) Pop Smoke braids for kids
10) Pop Smoke braids for kids with collared beads
11) Short Pop Smoke braids for kids
12) Jumbo Pop Smoke braids
13) Medium Pop Smoke braids
14) Extra large Pop Smoke braids
15) Large Pop Smoke braids
16) Large part Pop Smoke braids
17) Large part Pop Smoke braids
18) Short Pop Smoke braids
19) Short jumbo Pop Smoke braids
20) Jumbo short Pop Smoke braids
21) Medium Pop Smoke braids with beads
22) Large Pop Smoke braids
23) Large Pop Smoke braids with beads
24) Jumbo Pop Smoke braids
25) Jumbo Pop Smoke braids
26) Large part Pop Smoke braids
27) Bohemian Pop Smoke braids
28) Large Pop Smoke braids
29) Ginger Pop Smoke braids
30) Freestyle parts Pop Smoke braids
31) Medium Pop Smoke braids
32) Freestyle parts Pop Smoke braids
33) Large parts Pop Smoke braids
34) Bohemian Pop Smoke braids
35) Jumbo Pop Smoke braids
36) Medium long Pop Smoke braids
37) Large parts Pop Smoke braids
38) Freestyle parts Pop Smoke braids
39) Jumbo Pop Smoke braids
40) Jumbo Pop Smoke braids with beads
Which one of these Pop Smoke braided hairstyles will you be trying?
Check out more braided hairstyles on our Pinterest page.Follow Us