Mixed colour/color braids are a great way of breaking the monotony of getting black braids.
For many protective braided hairstyle lovers, black is always the go to color when it’s time to get a new braided hairstyle.
If you, unlike many people, love a good pop of colour in your box braids or a blend of different colours, this article is for you.
We’ll cover how to do different mixed colour blends for braids and popular mixed colour braids combinations for black women.
Mixed colour braids come in different variations.
You can either opt to mix different colours or have different colours braided in different sections.
How to blend mixed colours for braids
Start by deciding how many different colours you want to have in your braids.
This could be anywhere from 2 colours to as many as 5 colours.
Take the braiding hair out of their individual packs and hold them together in one hand.
Take small bits of braiding hair from each individual colour and mix it in with the rest of the hair.
Keep doing this even after you run out of hair in each individual colour and there’s a mix forming.
Make sure you’re occasionally combing through the hair as a whole to avoid tangling the hair.
Do this repeatedly until you’re contented with the end result.
Apply some hair food on the blended mix and comb through the hair again as a whole using a wide tooth comb.
For a detailed visual, refer to the video below.
How to do mixed colour box braids
Use shine n jam and a lot of precision in your parting to ensure your braids will look neat and have clean parts.
As mentioned earlier, you can either opt for a colour blend on your mixed colour braids or individual colours done on different parts on your head.
Lay your edges and apply some mousse on your head after you’re done with your mixed colour braids.
Now that you know how to do mixed colour braids, let’s look at some popular colour blend mixes.
Black Beauty Bombshells is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates program. At no additional cost to you, We earn a small commission on qualifying purchases.
60 Cute Mixed Colour Braids Hairstyles
Pro tip: Use more of the braiding hair color that you want to be more prominent in the mix or two of each for a balanced look.
Refer to the braid colour numbers highlighted in yellow for direct links to all the individual colours in the mixed colours braids hairstyles below.
1) Ash grey knotless mixed colour braids
Use braids colour number 1b/grey for this mix.
2) Pink and black knotless mixed colour braids
3) Black and blonde peekaboo knotless braids
4) Medium blonde knotless mixed colour braids
5) Knotless blonde mixed colour braids
6) Honey blonde knotless mixed colour braids
The blonde mixed colour blend is clearly a fan favourite.
7) Honey blonde mixed colour knotless braids
8) Blonde custom ombre mixed colour knotless braids
Ombre braids are traditionally characterised by 2 or more colours on an individual store bought braids.
Custom ombre braids just means two or more colours are added in different places along the length of the braid to give an ombre effect.
9) Honey brown mixed colour jumbo knotless braids
10) Blonde knotless mixed colour braids
11) Jumbo knotless mixed colour braids
12) Custom blend knotless mixed colour braids
13) Blonde mixed colour knotless braids
14) Blonde and brown knotless mixed colour braids
15) Pink knotless mixed colour braids
16) Mixed colour knotless braids with beads
17) Honey brown mixed colour knotless braids
18) Honey blonde knotless mixed colour braids
19) Blonde and brown mixed colour braids
20) Medium knotless mixed colour braids
21) Custom mixed colour knotless braids
22) Custom ombre mixed colour braids
23) Custom ombre mixed colour braids
24) Pink and purple mixed colour braids
25) Brown and blonde mixed colour braids
26) Ash blonde mixed colour braids
27) Ash blonde mixed colour knotless braids
28) Honey brown mixed colour knotless braids
29) Honey brown mixed colour knotless braids
30) Honey brown mixed colour knotless braids
31) Honey brown mixed colour knotless braids
32) Bob mixed color knotless braids with beads
33) Brown mixed colour knotless braids
34) Brown mixed colour knotless braids
35) Brown mixed colour knotless braids
36) Brown mixed colour knotless braids with curly ends
37) Brown mixed color knotless braids
38) Brown mixed color knotless braids
39) Shades of brown mixed colour knotless braids
40) Honey blonde mixed color knotless braids
41) Honey blonde mixed color knotless braids
42) Honey blonde knotless mixed colour braids
43) Honey blonde knotless mixed colour braids
44) Honey blonde knotless mixed colour braids
45) Brown mixed colour knotless braids.
46) Honey blonde mixed color knotless braids
47) Honey blonde knotless mixed colour braids
48) Blonde mixed color braids
49) Mixed color French curl knotless braids
50) Blonde mixed color braids
51) Blonde mixed color knotless braids
52) Mixed color French curl braids
53) Long blonde mixed color knotless braids
54) Blonde mixed color knotless braids
55) Blonde long mixed color knotless braids
56) Long blonde mixed colour knotless braids
57) Blonde mixed color knotless braids
58) Brown mixed colour knotless braids.
59) Brown mixed color knotless braids
60) Blonde knotless mixed color braids
Which one of these mixed colour braids hairstyles will you be trying?