Mixed colour/color braids are a great way of breaking the monotony of getting black braids.
For many braided hairstyle lovers, black is always the go to color when it’s time to get a new braided hairstyle.
If you, unlike many people, love a good pop of colour in your braids or a blend of different colours, this article is for you.
We’ll cover how to do different mixed colour blends for braids and popular mixed colour braids combinations.
Mixed colour braids come in different variations.
You can either opt to mix different colours or have different colours braided in different sections.
How to blend mixed colours for braids
Start by deciding how many different colours you want to have in your braids.
This could be anywhere from 2 colours to as many as 5 colours.
Take the braiding hair out of their individual packs and hold them together in one hand.
Take small bits of braiding hair from each individual colour and mix it in with the rest of the hair.
Keep doing this even after you run out of hair in each individual colour and there’s a mix forming.
Make sure you’re occasionally combing through the hair as a whole to avoid tangling the hair.
Do this repeatedly until you’re contented with the end result.
Apply some hair food on the blended mix and comb through the hair again as a whole using a wide tooth comb.
For a detailed visual, refer to the video below.
How to do mixed colour box braids
Use shine n jam and a lot of precision in your parting to ensure your braids will look neat and have clean parts.
As mentioned earlier, you can either opt for a colour blend on your mixed colour braids or individual colours done on different parts on your head.
Lay your edges and apply some mousse on your head after you’re done with your mixed colour braids.
Now that you know how to do mixed colour braids, let’s look at some popular colour blend mixes.
25 Cute Mixed Colour Braids Hairstyles
Refer to the braid colour numbers highlighted in yellow for direct links to all the individual colours in the mixed colours braids hairstyles below.
1) Knotless mixed colour braids
Use braids colour number 1b/grey for this mix.
2)Pink and black mixed colour braids
3) Black and blonde peekaboo braids
4) Medium blonde knotless mixed colour braids
5) Knotless blonde mixed colour braids
6) Blonde mixed colour knotless braids
The blonde mixed colour blend is clearly a fan favourite.
7) Custom blonde mixed colour knotless braids
8) Blonde custom ombre mixed colour knotless braids
Ombre braids are traditionally characterised by 2 or more colours on an individual store bought braids.
Custom ombre braids just means two or more colours are added in different places along the length of the braid to give an ombre effect.
9) Brown mixed colour jumbo knotless braids
10) Blonde mixed colour braids
11) Jumbo knotless mixed colour braids
12) Custom blend mixed colour braids
13) Blonde mixed colour knotless braids
14) Blonde and brown mixed colour braids
15) Pink mixed colour braids
16) Mixed colour braids with beads
17) Honey brown mixed colour knotless braids
18) Honey blonde mixed colour braids
19) Blonde and brown mixed colour braids
20) Medium knotless mixed colour braids
21) Custom mixed colour knotless braids
22) Custom ombre mixed colour braids
23) Custom ombre mixed colour braids
24) Pink and purple mixed colour braids
25) Brown and blonde mixed colour braids
Which one of these mixed colour braids hairstyles will you be trying?